CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Flowers appear over the earth...


I took some photographs of my flowers with my sister's camera last week. They are the only bits of beauty I have living in the city. One day, I hope that I will live in a place where I can plant a large and flourishing garden. I hope my readers enjoy my colorful darlings with Bible verses and Alice in Wonderland quotations! ;-)


The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. - Songs of Solomon 2:12

"You can learn a lot of things from the flowers - For especially in the month of June - There's a wealth of happiness and romance - All in the golden afternoon..."

Okay, so it's not June, but I'm afraid my flowers won't make it past May with our Arizonan summer heat. *tear*

A voice says, "Cry!"And I said, "What shall I cry?"All flesh is grass,and all its beauty is like the flower of the field.The grass withers, the flower fadeswhen the breath of the LORD blows on it;surely the people are grass.The grass withers, the flower fades,but the word of our God will stand forever.
- Isaiah 40:6-8

Alice: Oh, but that's nonsense. Flowers can't talk.
The Rose: But of course we can talk, my dear.
Orchid: If there's anyone around worth talking to.
Daisy: Or about.

"We don't want any weeds in our beds!" - The bed of pansies from Alice in Wonderland ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! My flowers are only beginning to bloom.

Mia said...

Lovely flowers :) Ahh, I just love Spring! Such renewal!

ps) Thank you so much for commenting on my blog, you're too sweet!


In Christ,
Mia

poetic_capture said...

So beautiful! I loved both the pictures and the quotes! :0) You have gorgeous flowers.